UG Admission to B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (Hons & Genl ) and BBA (Hons) for the Academic Session 2021-22
2nd and 3rd list for Admission to B.A/B.Sc /B.Com Hons and Genl and BBA (Hons ) Courses for the session 2021-22 Posted 14 Sep 2021
2nd list for Admission to B.A/B.Sc /B.Com Hons and Genl and BBA (Hons ) Courses for the session 2021-22
Documents to be uploaded at the time of Admission:
The Application form for the admission to 1st
year B.A / B.Sc / B.Com (Hons & Genl) and BBA (Hons)
Course of studies for the academic session
2021-2022 will be available on the College
Online Admission Portal -
http://thkjaincollege.net.in on and
from 2nd August, 2021.
Please check for the eligibility Criteria before applying.
For UG Admission related
information please contact at the
98313 78911/ 9831368911 (Calling & Whatsapp) / 9007829461 (Calling only)
- Candidates applying for admission to any course are asked to contact college directly for any admission related enquiry. They are advised not to fall in prey of tout offering for admission.
- The application form without application fee will not be processed and hence not be considered for preparing merit list.
- Only the SC of West Bengal and ST from
all over the states are entitled to get
relaxation in eligibility criteria regarding
admission. [As per admission regulation of
University of Calcutta Notification No.
Admission is open for the following Programmes:
- B.Com (Hons.)
- B.Com (Gen.)
- BBA (Hons.)
- B.A (Hons.) English
- B.A (Hons.) Hindi
- B.A (Hons.) Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A (Gen.)
- B.Sc (Hons.) Microbiology
- B.Sc (Hons.) Botany
- B.Sc (Hons.) Food and Nutrition
- B.Sc (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.Sc (Hons.) Zoology
- B.Sc (Hons.) Geography
Semester-wise GE Papers for Subjects
- Application forms will be available online and application fee should be paid directly through Razorpay.
- After successful submission of form, you will get the print of the application form.
- There is no need to submit it to the college physically. The application form and payment receipt etc. should be retained for your future reference.
- Please follow the Website for publication of Merit list
- Students with either Compartmental or
Failed result in Class XII Board are not
eligible to apply for any courses in the
Minimum Eligibility for Admission
- A candidate who has passed the Higher
Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent
Examination is eligible to seek admission in
the 1st year of the 3- year B.A / B.Sc. /
B.Com. (Hons / General) Course of Studies
provided he / she has also passed in English
having full marks not being less than
(Extract from University of Calcutta, Admission and Examination Regulation 2016-17 (B.Com) and 2018-19 (B.A/B.Sc. and with amendments for B.Com).
- For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the Hons. course, Aggregate marks should be calculated by adding the marks in Best Four subjects in order of marks secured by the candidate (excluding the marks for Environmental Studies / Environmental Education).
- A candidate taking up Hons. course must
have obtained 50% marks in the aggregate and
45% marks in the subject or related subject
at the previous qualifying examination.
55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination
50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his or her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
- However for Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe community taking Hons. the minimum 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subjects at previous qualifying exam as the case may be.
- No candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular Course of Studies after passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying Examination.
- Admission will be done based on Merit
- Applicants are asked to follow the website for Merit List
- The following documents are required to be uploaded at the time of depositing the Admission Fee:
- Scanned copy (only .jpeg, no other
format i.e. /.bmp/.tif will be allowed)
- Colour Passport Photograph (less than 50 KB)
- Signature (Less than 50 KB)
- Admit Card of Madhyamik / Equivalent Examination /Age Proof Document
- Marksheet of 10+2 Examination or Equivalent
- Caste Certificate SC/ST/OBC/PWD (If applicable)
The course fee is to be deposited at the time of admission. Bank Account details for submission (one-time).
All payments should be made through online
Admission portal using RAZORPAY (Payment
The following documents are required to be
submitted at the email ID given below:
- Self-Attested copies of Mark sheet and Admit card of Higher Secondary Examination (or equivalent 10+2 Board Examinations)
- Self-Attested photocopy of Age-proof certificate./Admit Card Madhyamik or equivalent Exam
- Documents in support of SC / ST / OBC issued by the competent authority wherever applicable (attested photocopy) (if any)
- PWD certificate (if any)
- Migration Certificate in original, if a candidate is migrating from other Board / University except ISC / CBSE / NIOS
- Equivalence Degree Certificate (if required)
- CU Registration certificate (if already registered in previous year
- Photocopy of Address Proof
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Colour Passport Photograph (less than 50 KB)
- Signature (Less than 50 KB)
e.mail ID: email@example.com
Morning Shift 6.50 am
B.Com (Hons General)
Day Shift 11.15 am
B.A (Hons & Genl)
3 - YEAR SEMESTER-WISE COURSE STRUCTURE & FEES
The College policy on refunds for students withdrawing from the College is given below:
- If a candidate applies for a refund within 7 days from the date of admission, the college will retain the admission and miscellaneous fees and refund all other fees.
- After the time period of seven days from the date of admission lapses, the college will not accept any application for refund of fees.
College Disciplines, Rules & Regulations:
Students must abide by the college rules, regulations as may be promulgated by the College Administration from time to time. Breach of these disciplines, rules and regulations shall render them liable to disciplinary and administrative action.
- Students are expected to maintain a good environment conducive to academic pursuits and restrain themselves from passing any derogatory comment towards any religion/caste/creed etc
- Each student should carry his/her identity card inside the college which should be exhibited on demand. In case losing of Identity Card Rs.200/- will charged for issuing the duplicate Card.
- No outsider is to be entertained inside the college premises without the prior permission from authority/teachers/staffs
- Keep the college campus clean, use the garbage bins
- Do not gather or loiter unnecessarily in the corridors
- Switch off the lights, fans before leaving the classroom to save energy
- For practical based subjects, students must attend the theory classes or they will not be allowed to attend practical classes.
- It is the responsibility of each student to look up the notice board regularly to remain updated. Ignorance about the notices cannot be an excuse in any case.
- Students must follow the deadline for submission of Project or Lab Note Book as given by the Department.
Regular & punctual attendance is compulsory for every student. As per the regulation of University of Calcutta, student will be considered:
- Non-Collegiate if his/her attendance in any subject/Group of subjects falls short of 75% but not below 60%. Candidates declared Non-Collegiate may be allowed to fill in application forms for Examination on payment of requisite non-collegiate fees as per Calcutta University norms.
- A candidate who has not attended at least 60% of lectures delivered/practical class held in any subject/group of subject shall be considered as Dis-Collegiate and shall be debarred from appearing in any examination as per Calcutta University norms.
|Morning Shift||6:50 am||B.Com. (Honours and General)|
|Day Shift||11.15 am onwards||B.A / B.Sc (Honours and General) ./ B.Com. (Honouus) / BBA. (Honouus)|
- Students must be present in the class within the scheduled time.
- Students must seek permission from the concerned teacher before entering or leaving during the lecture sessions.
- Ragging, in any of its forms, is strictly prohibited inside and outside the college premises. Strict action (even rustication) would be taken against anyone found guilty in this matter (UGC Regulation 2009).
- Students' behaviour towards the teachers, non-teaching staffs and other students should be decent and humble. Arrogant attitude or rude behaviour shown towards any would be considered condemnable and punishable as well.
- The students should take care of college properties and be careful to prevent any kind of damage. If identified, fine will be imposed on the particular student responsible for the damage and if not identified the entire class / section has to pay for the loss.
- Restriction of Tobacco
Consumption of tobacco in any form (cigarette, Gutkha, Khaini) is strictly prohibited inside the college premises. Anybody found in such act would be penalized
- Restrictions on Mobile Phone/Tab
Use of mobile phone/tablet/similar electronic gadget is strictly restricted inside the classroom/examination hall, library, laboratories and corridors. Violation of this rule may be followed by a penalty.
- Dress Code
Students must dress themselves in a simple and decent manner.
For long and repeated absence on medical ground, students have to submit the prescription and certificate of a Registered Physician.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Students must carry the Lending & Reference - cards with him or her to get the books issued / returned.
- Students are not permitted to use other's Lending & Reference - cards. In case of loss of library card it should be immediately reported to the college Library, so that a duplicate card may be issued against payment of fine of Rupees 15.
- Two books of the same kind will not be issued to students at a time.
- Students of all the three years must get the library clearance before the final examination of University of Calcutta.
- In case of loss of any borrowed book, it must be reported immediately to the Librarian. The student must either replace the lost book or pay the cost of the latest edition of the lost book along with overdue charges, if any.
- Students must not bring books borrowed from other libraries in the college library. Personal belongings are to be kept at the counter at readers' own risk.
- Library shall not be responsible for any kind of loss or damage to personal belongings left in its premises.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Library Reference books will not be issued.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct by any student may result in discontinuation of the library privileges.
- All users must observe total silence
in the library and its environs at all
View Fees Structure