Ankit Vikarm, Dept. of commerce
achieved the BRONZE medal in United Minds
2011 conducted by IIM Bangalore Vista and
United world School of business organized
for creating awareness of India's
demographic dividend and the need of a
globally standard education system.
Ankit Tiwari and Ankita Singh, Dept. of Commerce secured 2nd position in the event EUPHORIA organized at Carpe Diem 2012 the cultural festival of IIM Calcutta.
Nishat Anjum Dept. of Computer Science appeared in NIIT, 8th NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST 2012 held on February 23 and achieved to be placed in the TOP 17% of the candidates of the same discipline who participated in the said test.
Pankaj Prasad, 1st year student of Dept. of Geography participated in the final round of Challenge the Grand Master 2012 organized by THE TIMES OF INDIA. He also participated in the Inter College Chess Tournament organized by University of Calcutta and achieved 2nd position.
Abhinava Adarsh Pandey, II nd year Commerce was awarded best Volunteer Award for his outstanding performance in N.S.S. by the University of Calcutta.
Students' Achievements in Academics
Percentage of Marks: 80%
Subject: Microbiology (Hons.)
Percentage of Marks: 76.3%
Subject: Microbiology (Hons.)
Examination: Calcutta University Examination
- Adrika Moulik, Surbhi Jain Secured 1st position and Sayani Ghosh, Lipsha Pal and Sayanti Sur secured 2nd Position in poster presentation on Earth Day in the topic "There is no plan B as there is no planet B" organized by the department of Micro-biology for its students inside the College premises on 22nd April 2019. The students are very prominent and hardworking in their studies as well as in other curricular activities.
Soumyasree Auddy, Bijeta Roy, Roshni Kumari and Shiv Lahoti, four bright students of the dept of Micro-biology secured 1st position in the contest of Scrapbook preparation organized by the department itself on the topic of "Contribution of Eminent Nobel Laureate Scientists in Biological Science during last ten years" held on 29th March, 2019 in the department of Micro-biology, THK Jain College.
- Sourav Mishra and Tania Verma,two prominent students of the newly commenced dept. of Food & Nutrition marked significant achievement and successfully secured 1st position in One Day Special Lecture Sessions organized by dept. itself in THK Jain College on 8th January, 2019.
- Saranya Trivedi, Ankita Bannerjee, Adrika Moulik, Surabhi Jain, Asmita Khanra of B.Sc 1st Semester (Honours) of the dept. of Micro-biology secured 1st position in Poster making competition organized and conducted by the department itselfat the premises of THK Jain College, Kolkata on 6th October, 2018.
- Riddhi Kotak, Duttatreya Nandi, Kankhita Marik and Riya Nandi of B.Sc. Micro-biology Secured 1st position in Model Presentation competition organized and conducted by Dept. of Micro-biology on 5th October, 2018.
- Sourav Mishra and Tania Verma, of Department of Food & Nutrition also marked a significant achievement and successfully secured 2nd and 3rd positions consecutively in a poster making competition in a National Conference on Food and Nutrition Security: Thus Far and Further organized by the Nutrition Society of India Calcutta Chapter on account of its Golden Jubilee Year Celebration on 15th September, 2018; at Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University.
- Debanjana Halder of 1st semester (Hons.) of the department of Geography stood 3rd in Students Seminar organized by the department itself at THK Jain College 06th September, 2018.
- Dipanwita Sikdar of Department of Zoology represented T.H.K Jain College in National Integration Camp of NSS which was held at Gujarat on 23rd February, 2018 and got 1st prize in poster presentation.
- Md. Asif Raza, Subhojit Chakraborty, Md. Zakir Hossin Ansari and Shiv Lahoti of the dept. of Micro-biology secured 1st position in Student Seminar on 15th and 16th February, 2018.
- Bijeta Roy, Satakshi Thakur, Soumyashree Auddy, Manisha Dey and Anweshi Ghosh of the dept. of Micro-biology Secured 1st position in Poster presentation competition held on 20th January, 2018 inside THK Jain College.
- Sharan arawgi, Shrey Sarawgi, Sweta Gupta of B.Sc 3rd Year (Honours), Micro-biology Secured 1st position in Model Presentation competition organized and conducted by Dept. of Micro-biology.
- Shiv Lahoti and Tabassum Ara of the dept. of Micro-biology, Deeptanshu Pandey of the dept. of Zoology and Shreyashi Bannerjee of the dept. of Botany have secured second position in "Inter College Poster Presentation" Competition on Global Water Crisis and Conservation at Scottish Church College on 10th January, 2018.
- Rohit Singh of THK Jain College Secured 1st Position in College level Declamation Contest held at Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangsthan in 23rd December, 2017.
- Sudipta Bhadra of 1st year honours secured 1st Position, Sneha Saha and Srinjoy Sanyal of 1st year honours, Food & Nutrition secured 3rd position in poster making competition in International Aids Day programme held at THK Jain College on 1st December, 2017.
- Atrika Nag of 2nd year department of Geography stood 2nd in students seminar organized by the department itself at THK Jain College on 30th November.2017.
- The Department of Food & Nutrition secured 2nd position in Inter College drama competition on Nutrition Awareness in National Nutrition Week celebrated at the University of Calcutta on 9th September, 2017.
- Harsha Sharma and Sudeshna
Priyadarshini Lenka of the dept. of
Micro-biology won 1st prize and
Riddhi kotak and Duttatreya Nandi
won 2nd Prize in the Student Seminar
organized by the dept. of Micro-biology
on 31st Jan, 2017.
Students' Achievements in Sports &
Supriya Ghosh of department of English, Priyanka Agrahari, Jaya Pandey, Trisha Saraogi, Prerna Sethia and Ankita Srivastava of department Commerce, along with Sony Singh of BA General, the bright learners of THK Jain College stood 2nd in Jug of War (women) competition in Verve-2019 held at J.D Birla Institute on 14th-16th March, 2019.
Premanjali Lahiri a very prominent student of the Department of Commerce won the Inter University Basketball Tournament Championship which had been organized by the West Bengal Basketball Association at the Jadavpur University Ground between 18th to 20th September, 2018. Premanjali was the key part of the Women's team that defeated the University of Burdwan and brought a 'Double Crown' to the University of Calcutta in the State inter-varsity basketball meet. The event was reported by the Times of India on 21st September, 2018 on its sports page.
Premanjali Lahiri of the dept. of Commerce, Neelanjana Pande of the dept. of English, Tanmoy Saha and Shweta Misra, Shuvam Sharma and Tania Das of dept. Commerce, Durjoy Ghoshof Journalism & mass Communication THK Jain College secured 1st position in Razmatazz (Fashion Show) contest in "Tempest 17" held at Marine Engineering research Institute between 2nd to 6th December, 2017.
Shreyasha Bannerjee, Shrabona Sengupta and Mohit Dubey of dept. of Journalism & Mass Communication, Sourav Tanwar of dept. English, Shaily Shaw, Adarsh Tiwari and Harsh Sharma of BA General, Souparno Patra of dept. of Commerce proudly secured 1st position in category Street Play in "Tempest 17" held at Marine Engineering research Institute between 2nd to 6th December, 2017.
Shreyasha Bannerjee of Department of Journalism & Mass Communication secured 1st position in Inked (writing) competition in "Tempest 17" held at Marine Engineering research Institute between 2nd to 6th December, 2017.
Priya Joshi Zoology and Ankit Roy of dept. of Journalism & Mass Communication secured 2nd position in "Duet vocal" and Ashutosh Sharma and Ankush Singh of dept. of Commerce Secured 1st position in Goonj, 17 held at St. Xavier's College, Kolkata.